Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Family Dinner

Tonight two house mates and I came together to enjoy a lovely family dinner! On the menu was homemade pumpkin ravioli with a white wine spinach cream on top, corn-on-the-cob fresh from the Freo market, and potatoes. Sound starch filled? It was delicious. There is something to be said for spending time together preparing a meal and then enjoying it.

Reminds me of soup days with my grandma splattered with tomato guts all over the kitchen or the flour-dusted faces of us as kids on cookie exchange day with the family on the holidays.

So is it safe to say cooking brings families together and fills the mind with scented memories destined to bring you back home no matter where you are, no matter how long after? What are your fondest family dishes? Care to share a recipe?

Cute picture says, "I'll give you a secret recipe for making good sweets, use fresh stuff and add a big love"

Cheers, from a gal reminded of home
P.s. cute picture from wehearit.com

1 comment:

Michael said...

pumpkin filled ravioli! yum :)

It reminds me of some awesome ravioli Therese and I had at Petterino's - I'll have to take you there one day.