Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Valley Girl




Welcome to Swan Valley








A simply gorgeous tourist town with what seems like never ending vineyards, art galleries, coffee shops, beautiful views and lets not forget the Margaret River Chocolate Company!

Last Saturday was a sun filled day rare amongst the rainy cold days we've had lately in WA. The warmth was much appreciated and so was the Swan Valley experience!

And all within the low low cost of free (although I admit I was tempted to bring back a bottle or two of Port) due to the tastings wine, cheese, honey and chocolate. I went into Swan Valley with the sniffles and a car full of good company and came out with a new love for cinnamon honey and Port! Came to find out that the port I had been tasting was born from Shiraz grapes so it wasn't really a surprise how quickly I feel in love (Shiraz is my favorite wine and also happens to be commonly from South Africa or Australia).

Yum.... why hadn't I experienced them before? According to the beekeepers cinnamon honey can help with various ailments (heart diseases, toothache, cholesterol, indigestion, and even hair loss) and I can't see how Port would hurt? You see, for "in vino veritas" ( in wine (there is) truth)!

Cheers from a valley girl
P.s. photography thanks to watoday.com.au and swanvalley.com.au

No comments: