Thursday, April 29, 2010

It's Mail Time!


Lets just say I've had a smile all day
and
it's all because of mail time!

Today I taught my Pre-primary students an lesson introducing them to the format of a postcard as an extension of community members (mail persons) and forms of communication.
So after outdoor play I told the students how I was missing my brother and was curious how I could get in touch with him.
Some suggestions were : the telephone, a letter, skype and dunana... a postcard!
So here it is Michael, I hope you respond!
Remember to include the date, dear...., message body, signature, address and a stamp!
Otherwise my learners will let you know!


After school I check my mail to find this postcard from friend back home!
With a graph telling me about his increasing despair the further I am away.
Notice the use of Kansas. I am not sure why since I haven't spent any significant time there..
Oh Jer. I adore you.
(Notice I placed in sunspots to protect our identity!)

And then! As if my love of mail today could get any bigger I have the birthday card from Brandon's Mom in my mail slot too! The one we all thought had been lost..
Notice the vibrant drawings from his nephews.
Adorable!

Have I mentioned my complete love for snail mail?

Cheers, from a girl in Snail Mail heaven

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I hope my letter gets there soon!!