Monday, April 26, 2010

Language

















In case you haven't noticed, I have a suitcase heart.

I love to observe, learn, and experience.
Even when I'm sleeping my mind is traveling.

So Becca, tell me, what does everyone have in common?
What are the universal truths?

My answer?
Language. Not English of course.




But the language of Laughter.









Laughter sounds the same no matter where you are.






What are the basic needs?
Love.
Love looks the same no matter where you are.



In the words of children:
Love is what makes you smile when you're tired- Terri, age four
When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth - Billy, age four
Love is when you tell a boy you like his shirt, he wears it everyday - Noelle, age seven





What else?
The look of hope, the desperation of pain and the need for help is everywhere.






So there it is.
Sure, currency, flights, politics, accents and religion can fool us into thinking we are oh so far away from home. But then remember the universal truths.


Cheers from an enlightened Becca

3 comments:

thobeka said...

so true :)

Caitlin jordan said...

i love the children's statements about love. so simple.

i like your shirt, even though you wear it every day ;-)

Becca said...

my shirt?