Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Floating Fun

Last Friday, summer finally took over my body: the moment you take a deep breath in and finally let out all the winter that has hibernated in your bones. I was no longer concerned about how many jeans or fleeces I brought, but instead curious if I should find more tank tops. I was instead aware of the warm wind that felt like a hair dryer blowing across my legs.



(the city of Perth off in the distance)

Summer no longer had to fight through.

Where was I?



At a floating film event put on by the Perth International Arts Festival.
(a projector was displayed right on the riverfront)
Featured show: Asterix and the Vikings



Located on the river, the park was complete with beaches and a pier.
Packed with families with children of all ages.



Getting ready for a night at the park!
Who knew I'd get two shows for the price of one?
For, a little boy around the age of two only wearing a pair of bat underwear shook his bon-bon proudly to the pre-movie music for all to see.

Laying out blankets and picnic dinners I didn't feel so far from home after all.

Turns out the children's movie wasn't that great, I ended up getting a snooze in, and was glad we all went.



Warning: Starting to feel like part of the community.
Next floating film feature : The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.
A book I happened to have just finished. Looking forward to it!

Cheers, a satisfied Becca

1 comment:

Erica G said...

Tell me how the movie is after you see it!!