Friday, March 12, 2010

Ze Cat Empire


( a creative one of the concert, thought Brandon would like that one )

The Cat Empire is a famous Australian born band in Melbourne. I'd call them a mix between jazz, rock, ska and an arm full of fun.

The concert tickets cost 75 dollars and included two opening bands : the Beautiful Girls (who are ironically all men) and Whitley. Then between each act and after the show was DJ FDel.

If you have heard of the Cat Empire at all I bet you would have heard their song, "Sly"
Check it out on youtube (smile).

Whitley's song Poison in Our Pockets is recognizable as well.



All credit goes to the fabulous Terry for organizing the whole ordeal and putting up with our excitement throughout the week.
Thanks Terry (above )



Did I mention we had to take a ferry across to South Perth since it was a waterfront concert?



(a look back from the Ferry to Perth)

We started the evening a little early to insure a good spot on the lawn (before the mosh pit began!) enjoyed our packed dinners and a game of spoons!



Once the Cat Empire took stage, Dell was generous enough to look after our things even though we insisted he came along.....


(Dell is the tall one in the maroon)

Closer to the stage Elizabeth spent a few numbers being passed around our shoulders to get a better look.



She is a shorty (giggle).

Conclusion? I had one of the best nights so far, with good music and great company. Can't imagine a better way to spend my Friday night and here are some goofball pictures to demonstrate that fact even more :



Ze men getting a side splinting laugh in!



Love it.



Sums Kate and Tyy right up.
I swear if they don't frame this one they have another thing coming!

Our next performance in the works... maybe Cats?

A gigglehans, Becca

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, that sounds amazing, I'm super jealous! I want to go to a concert.
PS, you are really frickin' tan, holy crap!
PPS, I youtubed Cat Empire and they are awesome.

Becca said...

I am glad you liked Cat Empire!! I have will have a boat load of music to share with you when I return!!