Monday, March 29, 2010

A Little Left of Center


Lachy

I forgot to mention that I made friends with two fun-loving Aussies on Saint Patty's day : Ash and Lachy. Who ended up introducing me to a whole new style of diving.

Dancing along the Swan River across from King's Park is a series of eroded rock or perhaps you would call them cliffs. That is up to you.

Remember in toy story when Buzz finally admits he doesn't fly, but rather falls with style?
Well, today I fell, with style (smile)

So here I am, first 10m high, then 15, and finally close to 20 m from the water.
I peer over the edge to ensure that I will clear the rock, I let Lachy go first
and
then
I jump!
Falling from
the rock's high
safety into
refreshing
water.
Splash!


Photo thanks to weheartit.com

Ejected into water
next to jellyfish
and caves.

(no worries, didja know that not all jellyfish sting?)

To return to the top, rock
c l i m b i n g
is required..
And the exhilaration begins again a little higher then last time!


A wooden ship, I sort of fell in love with

Upon my return I discovered a quote that match my day's adventure:

"Experience. Dream. Risk. Close your eyes and jump. Enjoy the freefall. Choose exhilaration over comfort. Choose magic over predictability. Choose potential over safety. Wake up to the magic of everyday life. Make friends with your intuition. Trust your gut. Discover the beauty of uncertainty."

Be bold, wild, crazy and gloriously free.

Cheers, from a free spirited Becca

2 comments:

Ashley said...

so jealous!!! such a free bird! =)

Becca said...

takes a free bird to know a free bird :)