Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Cuppa What?

Let me preface by saying I am not a "gotta love it" girl when it comes to coffee. Meaning, my eyes are open, my body is energetic and my mind functions superbly without a cuppa joe first thing in the morning. But I am a "like it" girl who sometimes knows a cuppa joe is just what fits the bill.

Well in my humble opinion, if you are looking for satisfying coffee or even a chai tea in Australia, keep looking buddy.

I don't even have that high of standards, I don't even mind the slight burnt taste when coffee has been sitting too long.
So that just tells you : if asking for a cuppa joe, know you aren't "in Kansas anymore Toto" or even Starbucks, grandma's diner or a seven eleven.

Your best bet is just to buy some instant coffee from the store, and fix it to your likings.
My mate, even had some hazelnut cream shipped over for her coffee addiction because the creams just aren't like at home.

That being said, WA might not have the best cuppa joe but they sure have an abundant of "cafe streets". An entire downtown street lined with more coffee shops than you can imagine staying in business so close to each other.

Now, I'm not talking about coffee chains but cute little shops (like this one below) with cakeilined display windows that make you salivate.

Have you ever seen a five n dime airplane machine in a flier wallpapered coffee house?

Or what about white lanterns cloaking the ceiling?
















And what coffee house is complete without a game cupboard under the sugar and napkins? Look at the wooden checkers set!

Cheers, from a "like it" coffee gal

No comments: