Monday, May 3, 2010

My Old School Love


I may not be very good, but there is something so old school about bowling that I adore.

Bowling is classic.
Something about admiring black and white photos of Marilyn and James only inches from a jukebox while drinking a glass bottle of coca cola with a straw....


Bowling is simple.
Lace your primary colored shoes up,
pick up a filthy, oiled bowling ball
and just go for it.


Bowling is for all ages.
Two birthday parties were going on in lanes 7, and 4.
The gals in lane 7 were preteen and in 4 the gentleman was adorned with peppered hair.

My mates and I, in our early twenties, traveled to Rosemount Bowl in North Perth.
Paid 20 AUD each for two games and footwear.
Then proceeded to have a smashing good time trying to psych
each other out.
And yes, I had original coca-cola from a glass bottle with of course a red lined straw..


Through the neon light and rotating disco ball the only difference I could see were that the lanes were more narrow.
So there you have it :

Bowling is international.

Cheers from a 123.

P.s. Fun fact... the word Jukebox is derived from the Gullah word
"juke" or "joog" meaning wicked or rowdy.

P.p.s photos thanks to google.com and weheartit.com

1 comment:

Ashley said...

and by primary colored shoes you were specifically thinking of my hot pink bowling shoes right? ;-)