Friday, May 14, 2010

A Stirring of Seasons

Autumn!!!! Two weeks ago, tonight, at 11: 06 I asked my mates to join me outside. Alright, I kind of insisted.
Why? Because it was the first night of Autumn air : the crisp air that makes my mind go a tad crazy.

On Thursday, I didn't respond to Kate's question right away for I was distracted by crunchy looking yellow leaves on the ground. *sigh, yes I tip-toed all over them.

Hi my name is Becca and I am a complete Autumn Dork.

Hold onto your Season caps for its about to get windy. It may be Autumn, but the crunchy multi-colored leaves I speak of are few and far in between. In fact, most people in WA don't own a rake. Instead of shedding life, many plants are just coming to life! Flowers and green shrubs are butting there heads out from the ground and taking claim to the sun.

Why? Because as Perth heads further into winter it also heads into the wet season. Unlike Chicago, with many layers of snow, Perth just gets drenched with buckets of rain. So it makes sense, since the weather does not dip down that low during winter and seeing as how plants love water, that places like King's Park are just blossoming starting in Autumn.

The weather makes it hard to dress appropriately. Before the sun wakes up, on my way to the gym I am layered with sweatpants and my jumper. However if the sun is switched on and warming my body I shed layers to a skirt and tank top (walking quickly through the shaded bits of sidewalk). Come night fall, I consider if I should have brought another jumper along because it really is quite frigid.

The sun certainly does keep things quite interesting!

Cheers, from a girl living with weather bi-polarism
P.s. top picture thanks to littlebrownpen.blogspot.com

No comments: