Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I'll have the whole Lot!

I did it! With less than five weeks to go I was conscious about getting my true Aussie colored burger in.

Welcome to Alfie's in Guilford, WA! Number one burger joint in Perth since the 1940's. Outdoor style just like a Dairy Queen except filled with delicious burgers.

Judging by the crowd of people on a Wednesday night, Alfie has rightfully stayed in business.
Meet the infamous Australia burger stuffed with egg, pineapple, tomato, BBQ sauce, cheese, onion, lettuce and hold the bacon. The Lot burger is suppose to have beetroot on it as well, but hey close enough.
 
With the pineapple and BBQ sauce it was the perfect mixture of sweet and meat.
Asten and I super satisfied. Enjoying our burgers by the fire!
 
Pretty cool atmosphere nixing the plates and tables. 
Just gather round the fire for a ol' fashion burger n chips!
My burger was 8.50 AUD and well worth it.

Unlike American burger joints asking how'd you like your burger, you are served medium.
More simple that way and I am sure less stress about Mad Cow disease (Moo!)

 
Still full two hours later.
And to think we contemplated having dessert afterwards.
Whew! Glad we didn't!

The Lot Burger (hold the bacon) gets the BP seal of approval!

Cheers, from a stuffed tummy 

Want more info? Check out :  
http://www.australiablog.com/history/archive/australiana/the-aussie-classic-burger-with-the-lot.html

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you ever go to Cafe Royale on Long Street in Cape Town? They had the best burgers there, including ostrich burgers, yum.

Becca said...

A comment! I have a comment! Do you realize that no one has commented on my blog in... FOREVER. I used to go to a cafe called Sundance in Cape Town along the waterfront after each morning's run. Super sweet. I still have a mug from there..